Monday, August 11, 2008

So Hot

I guess someone wanted a fan so badly they couldn't wait for the store to open the next morning.


I took these photos on Thursday night in Banghwa-dong. In the photo below, a man is throwing a weight attached to a rope at the remaining glass to make way for a new pane. Every time a piece was hit and fell off, the man jumped back as it smashed to the floor, causing the middle-aged women in the small crowd watching to gasp.


The tow truck in the photo above was carrying an SUV which had only minor dents and scratches. I'm not entirely sure if it was the vehicle which stopped a little late or not.


My apologies for the lack of updates, replies, etc. these days. It's just too hot (why, no, I don't have air conditioning!). The pace should pick up once it starts to get cooler (I mean geez, it's well after midnight and it's still frickin' 29 °C!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just isn't cooling down at night.

Anonymous said...

Burn, rain forests, burn.
Rise, oceans, rise.
Melt, polar ice caps, melt.
At least I have my a/c.

Although it looks like the worst of the hot weather officially broke last night.