Friday, September 10, 2010

Likely?


I liked the final sentence in the blurb under this photo in the Joongang Ilbo:
A retaining wall for a school building under construction at the Ulsan Foreign Language High School collapsed yesterday. City officials blamed recent rain for the collapse. Construction will likely be delayed.
Likely be delayed? I certainly hope so. The image reminds me of this case in China. And I really hope the title of that page, "Blame the Rain," wasn't a reference to this.

2 comments:

Alex said...

More like "Blame it on the shoddy construction job." I have a feeling that South Korea will go through a phase of realization that a lot of structures don't actually meet safety regulations. The same thing happened in Japan a few years ago.

Adam Walsh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.