Thursday, April 03, 2008

Panorama of Itaewon and Yongsan-dong

I visited my friend Mat's new place in Itaewon-2-Dong, near Namsan, and took in the view:


No, even if you click on that photo, it won't amount to much. Try clicking this link for a full size photo. It's a rather impressive view. I've always loved the 'villa'-covered hilly areas of Seoul. You do get some rather glaring juxtapositions of old and new in the area:


We also had to guess that in order to construct a new multi-story building in a spot like the one above, everything would have to be carried a certain distance by hand - not a job most construction companies would want to take, I would imagine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these kinds of views too. It shows you the new development in the background. Then you have the old development in the front, and the big hill. Much, like all the other cities , I've seen. You have the ghettos , and then the rich area, with all the nice glass buildings. It makes you want to improve the ghettos so they fit with the city, and for the city not to be so separated from the ghettos, yet keep the same contrast.